Digital Terrain Model
Digital Terrain(Surface) Model is the basis of major national constructions. Such as the remote sensing satellite image rectification, the decision-making and management of water resources, the application of hydrological modeling, the flooded mode analysis of flood overflow areas, engineering design and planning, flight safety management.An accurate and detailed digital terrain data is needed. During 2004 to 2006, the Ministry of the Interior completed the Digital Elevation Model (DEM) and Digital Surface Model (DSM) in 5-meter-resolution. In order to continue the results of "High-precision and high-resolution digital terrain model implementation plan", the Ministry of the Interior developed an extending project which working period ranges from 2006 to 2009. The works of the project are as follows:
- Compiling regulation, developing the mechanism for maintaining, updating, managing and revising the DTM data.
- Developing relevant technology and system for high-precision rectification of ortho imagery.
- Developing LIDAR surveying and mapping technology.
- Introducing water-permeable LIDAR surveying and mapping technology.
- Developing ground-based three-dimensional laser surveying technology.
- Conduct the plan to deploy photogrammetry landmarks and build nature and artificial point feature database.
- Developing relevant technology of 3D city models.
The Ministry of the Interior is responsible for the supplyment of DTM data.